Anenome

Anenome

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Three months later?!?!

I learned three things this past semester: stats is hard, cell bio is hard, and two weeks of finals is enough to make a soft person into a hard person. :) However, not all was bad. In fact, I ended up with all As except a sad little B+ in Cell Bio. Fair enough - those were some demanding and awesome classes, though.

I thought I was going to spend winter break getting ahead, reading, doing Important Things - but instead, I ended up on the couch playing video games and socializing with friends. It's really what I needed: a complete mind break. I caught the flu soon after arriving home and was ill over christmas and new years (and of course, the flu shot i got was not the strain that I ended up getting!), so I only had a few weeks of generally good health -- and spent it happily running over people in GTA5.

Now, I'm back - and it's in the wee hours before going back to school: I'd totally ruined my sleep schedule, so i'll pay for this dearly this week I believe.

This semester's classes are as follows:
Marine Bio + Lab
GPS/GIS + Lab
Physics for Biologists + Lab
Science Communication

It's a pretty hefty load for only 16 units - I'll be in class for 22 hours a week; studying for most of the other time or, hopefully, interning or volunteering somewhere -- and participating in the marine science club or the garden club or even the science club. Somewhere in there I'll also be on a fitness routine I call my 100 days: for 100 days I'll be walking at least a mile a day (hopefully ramping up with time) and eating well - last semester things just devolved into ramen and egg burritos and I felt nastayyyyyyy at the end of it.  I also plan to take advantage of peaceful hours of forced artistic craftiness in order to keep my sanity.

So, that's that. I'll update more about what i actually learned when it's not 2am....before a 9am class. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment